Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Triaged and Greg72 featured on Xtreme4x4 TV Episode....!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg72, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I just finished watching a new episode of Xtreme4x4 TV.... (you know, the one with Jessi and Ian) as they started a new buildup called "Poison Spyder".

It's basically a tube frame from Poison Spyder Customs with D60's front and rear and a 4-link suspension.

Toward the end of the episode, Jessi showed a nice closeup of her computer screen and talked about the design of the rear 4-link. As I looked at the display, I recognized that the program looked familiar.....REALLY familiar. It turns out that Jessi and Ian had downloaded a copy of ExcelCAD (v3.0) and were using it to design their Poison Spyder suspension!!!! :thumb:

It was really cool to see the product that Dan and I had built getting national television coverage! In fact, they even have the program as a link right on the show's website:

http://www.xtreme4x4tv.com/news.aspx?iid=5023

They claim that that they will be doing a full episode later all about 4-link suspensions, so who know's.....maybe ExcelCAD will get a little more notoriety on their show???

Congrats Dan!!! (Triaged) and to myself too, I suppose. I feel kinda like a proud father or something. :cool1:

:usaflag:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Cool, kind of stupid they didn't mention that it was your program. I didn't watch it, maybe they did mention and I'm wrong.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That made me mad. They said it was "there" program, and could download it from THERE site. Why didn't they mention you guys? :( :mad:

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm pretty sure that's what they said. Congrats on the achievement though, that's pretty awesome.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

time to contact the xtreme guys and a) set them straight on who created the software and b) offer to be a guest on the 'all about 4 links' episode. :grin: :cool1:

j

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ian is on PBB, probably where they got it. His screen name is IanfromExtreme and seems to be pretty regular over there. :D

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I wouldn't worry too much for Jessi trying to take credit. Here's a copy & paste from the page:

Disclaimer & blurb

The spreadsheet, 4BarLinkV_._.xls, is supplied as is. All results should be
    checked independently before being used in a real design. If you use this
    spreadsheet as the basis for further work please acknowledge me. If you forward
    the spreadsheet on to anyone please also include this text file. If you send me a
    note I'll try and let you know if there are any changes to the spreadsheet.

(c) Dan Barcroft April 2005 triaged@gmail.com

There's proof Dan's name is on it. :cool1:

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I saw that too and thought it was yours. Didn't hear a mention as to where it came from so I wondered. Congrats! That's cool.

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I was a bit worried that I missed it...but it sounds like the actual show that uses the calculator will be some time later and this was just a teaser. I'm not to happy with how they make it look like it is THEIR calculator that they are providing (they payed me and I made it just for their show) but what the hell...I'm just hopping to use it on my resume for now.

The real payback I get is all the people that use it make their 4-links and post up about how it went. I wonder how many people have actually used it to build a 4-link so far?...unlike Greg and myself who are still "leaf spring posers" :grin:

10. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Wow, that's a pretty cool program. I must have missed it when it was posted before. Glad you guys got some coverage. Too bad they didn't mention your names???

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I saw that yesterday and was wondering if that was your guys program. Sweet that it was being used on National TV, but crappy that they didn't mention that you guys made it!!! I'd do some checking on that!!!!!

Congrats!!!

13. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats Greg and Dan...nice work. :D :D

Now....show them what a case spreader is...
    so they can build those 60's!!! ;)