Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Triaged in the mudpit

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Jun 30, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks like you all had a blast /forums/images/icons/grin.gif very cool pic /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

That damn pit stole my front plate, /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif , Well you see officer, its like this, there was a mud pit and it was reeeeeeaal deep, and it decided it wanted to keep part of my truck, Oh well, off to the DMV i go /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Did you really get stopped on the way home Leland? My truck has developed the dreaded death wobble! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Drove it home from San Juan last night and it went into a wobble at about 40 mph, only a block away from my house! Then this morning it did it twice going to work! Sh*t! I kicked off the mud I had in the wheels (not THAT much, but there was some)...I will see if it does it at lunch...

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

That boy DOOOO love the mud! It will take another trip to Los Coyotes to get it all clean again... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Thanks Dan...cool pic. Post up a link when you get the rest of them up. Are you going to do anything like http://www.blazer-fest.8m.com/2001.htm ?

Thanks to that mud I now have to replace my tranny input seal...used 24 qts. of ATF on the way home (with a fun little stop in Pismo).

I think I'll start scrounging up some $$$ for a sm465...I'm done with autos /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Now yer talkin! Get rid of that damn slush box!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

dan , i still have that 465 for sale and the parts to conert your 205 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

No, i was just kidding, i didn't get stopped, did get a couple weird looks from the CHP but i don't think they could figure out if i was breaking any laws or not. So they just cruised on past, I got a weird wobble too, but i figure its the 1200 pounds of mud still stuck in my wheels/brakes/rotors,etc. And now the passenger side of my truck sits a half an inch lower than the drivers side, Hmmm, wonder if these springs have a warrentee??????

10. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the "Lean to the Right" Club Leland! Mine has been doing that for months! I kicked the mud off yesterday at lunch but I still got the wobble again on the way home from work! Damn! Gonna check the wheel bearings this week, make sure they didn't loosen up or anything...also gonna get new rod ends, which I should have done when I swapped to crossover, but I was in too much of a hurry...

By the way, does anyone know if some old, worn out drag link ends would contribute to the death wobble problem? I know that the drag link end at the pitman arm is pretty bad...could that be a culprit?? I called on the hydraulic assist setups from West Texas Off Road today, am gonna get one! Bye bye weak steering! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about giving you a call /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif