Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trial Master Bear Claw stabilizer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UNCLE CRACKER, Mar 19, 2002.

1. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

does any body run a trail master bear claw coil over steering stabilizer if so how do they act on the road and in the rocks i think this would cure my death wobble problem i talked to a guy a trail master today and he say that the stabilizer is better than running two of them is this true or a sales pitch

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Got a link with a pic to it? I wonder if it is the same opne Pugsley was running a while back? Speaking of... wonder how/where that old dawg has been.

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'se a here! Suffering at the hands of the enviro-nuts. Been hunting for a new and improved project that passes emissions, so I don't have to thumb it to work in the mornings/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif.

If the Bear Claw is the same as the older 4Way, it will help with the death wobble, and make the steering feel exponentially better, but by no means will it completely cure it. Using a combination of stiffer shocks, the coilover, and caster adjustment made mine go away - and the new balljoints and rodends on my replacement frontend made it feel even better. The combination has it feeling one step short of rack and pinion/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. UNCLE CRACKER

how does the stabilizer work off road in the rocks thanks for the info Pugsley

5. UNCLE CRACKER

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Seems worth a try for $78. Keep us posted, bud.

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that's the same one I've got - for some pics look here: <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/17962702gfYhBEYwwn>http://community.webshots.com/album/17962702gfYhBEYwwn</a>

8. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Good to see ya pugs... seems like lots of the old faces are slowing down a bit LOL.