Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trial run up here in FC on Sept. 7th, Sun...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by fortcollinsram, Sep 3, 2003.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The Colorado State University Big Wheels is having it FIRST trail run of the school year....We will be running up Crystal Mountain. I have not run it yet, but I guess it is pretty moderate trail with some decent difficult line..the aim of the run is to slowly introduce some newbies to the sport of wheelin, and I thought it might be cool to get some verterans out here and show em whats up....But I will be representing the K5 crowd..If you are interesed drop me a PM or call my cell....970-690-9896...Ior just meet us in the Moby Area Parking lot at 9:00am on Sunday morning..If you are not familiar with Fort Collins, take I-25 to the Prospect exit and head west to Shields and go north. THe arena and lot is on the right about a 1/2 mile north of prospect on Shields..

Hope to see you there guys...

Chris

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

How far is Crystal Mountain from Ft. Collins??? And my favorite question, is this a run that can be done with stock trucks (like an exploder) or is it modified-only?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Nevermind, I just read about it at 4x4trails.net... It's rated at 5, but the description said a stock truck can do it with little difficulty.... So I'll see what happens on Sunday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You have the brownish lookin K5, right?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif nevermind again, I looked at your pics...

I know one of you Ft. Collins folks has a brown K5... I saw it at Ft.Collins 4x4 that one time when I won a prize for my ugly X /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

that was me. I am not up there anymore. I am back in Phoenix. Chris has a built blue K5.

6. fortcollinsram

Crystal Mtn. is up near Moody hill and Stove Prarie road...it is just up Rist Canyon, like 35min or so from CSU in FC...

They picked this trail b/c it CAN be done with a STOCK 4x4, although there are some optional routes that require a locker or 2....

Chris

7. fortcollinsram

I think the majority of the rigs are going to be stock jeeps and stuff..I even heard there was talk of a few cute girlies goin...but who knows...There is a party tomorrow night at the Club Presidents' house at 7:00...call me if you are up to going...I have to work until 6 but you are welcome to come along with me...free food...and if the beer isn't free, I'll bring my own...

Chris

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd love to attend the partay, but I don't really want to do two trips to Ft. Collins in one weekend... Plus if I hang out with y'all too much, we'll get sick of each other and then the wheeling will be ruined /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I'll plan on seeing you Sunday morning... Look for an ugly spray painted gray exploder with black wheels and stickers all over the windows... I should have a bumper on the front and the roof rack and tire on the roof by tomorrow I hope /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Whew, made it out alive... Was the only stock dude there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif One Jeep (I think the guy's name was Nick... big black thing with busted windshield and stuff) died about ten miles out of Ft. Collins /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Got to the trail and did the moody hill part, it was kinda hard, would've been easier on the truck if I had a lift kit, and on my back if my shocks worked... I smacked the frame pretty hard on a rock we had to climb over, but no damage... Had to be pulled up one of the hills because there was a dip that I was having trouble getting through... Otherwise no trouble...

Bout 3:30, after another dead Jeep left on the trail, a busted Land Cruiser that got fixed and left, and a Scout that needed a new power steering belt, half of us left and the other half continued to Crystal Mountain... I needed to get home, so I took off...

Thanks for inviting me, Chris, even though you didn't friggin show up... I want to try that trail again after I have my lift kit (couple more months ) so we'll have to get together sometime... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have 6 pics that will be up later tonight or tomorrow... Didn't get any rock climbing shots, it was raining most of the time and didn't want to get the camera wet...

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was checkin out the 10 rated trails at 4x4trails.net and in the Rubicon pics, I saw this jeep: [​IMG]

That Jeep and another built XJ with a chopped off roof and mega huge cage were out there wheeling... the guy in the yellow jeep hanged with us for a while and watched the rock crawling... pretty cool guy, he owns a shop in Ft. Collins somewhere, then showed everyone what was up by going up the rocks like they weren't even there /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

He , he, thats a girly jeep /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif