Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trials in North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by LAXandBLAZERS, Jun 14, 2002.

1. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where there are any hot trials in North Carolina? <font color="blue"> </font color>

2. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

Re: Trials in North Carolina

there is a little place near murphy...near the tennessee state line...tellico ohv park. check it out...take a friend.

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I'm in Raleigh, there is a local place near New Bearn Ave., off of New Hope Rd. near Wake Med if you know where any of those things are. Let me know if you are interested. dawson444@aol.com

4. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Also if your near murphy north carolina you can jump over the border into north GA and hit beasly knob too...good trails and its only like 20 mins into GA after you cross the line. That area around the north carolina, tenn. and Ga state lines has some of the most diverse wheeling options around too. I know for a fact there are 4 orv areas within an hours drive of murphy and a couple wildlife management areas that have good wheelin too. come down and check it out /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

WOW, even closer is Uhwarrie National forest which is a GREAT trail system. It is not really a difficult place, most stockers can handle it with decent line selection.

I will be going down there again on 10/26 with a group from the Triad area. I think BlackandRedK5 is from your neck of the woods and thinking of going.

Send me email backchannel at sammyh@triad.rr.com and I can hook you up in NC! (I am member of 4x4 clubs, etc.)

Sam Hinton /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Hey I'm interested in that Uwarrie run ont he 26th. Could you get me some more details? I'm in Raleigh.

7. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, the trip on 10/26 will be meeting at Eldorado Outpost at 10am on that Saturday. IF you need directions I will post those or you can look at CNC.4x4.org and look under trails.

We will be hitting Dickey Bell which is rated medium but I personally consider 'easy' I have done it with my stock k5 running 32" A/Ts several times with no issues.

After that we may split up into big dogs and lil dogs, big dogs going on to some 'hard' rated trails such as Dutch John and Rocky Mt. We usually try to hook back up at the top of Kodak Rock which is the main attraction to watch the guys try the hard line and break stuff! (Good lunch spot)

You can contact me direct, I will be 'tailgunning' and taking a large group from High Point of mild to wild Jeeps, etc. (OPEN MIXED Vehicle event... if you are stock you will be welcome...if built, even better...Jeeps, Toys, Real 4x4s such as CHEVY/GMC /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif etc

Sam Hinton

8. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

TTT hey guys I put a new Thread in about the Uhwarrie trip, head over and check it out or drop in at Triad4wd to get details.

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey Sam! It's Bryan from NC Classics. Just thought I'd say hey. I might be up for some wheling at Uwharrie. If I get a trailer in time I could trailer my S-10 up to do some wheeling.

10. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Bryan, we are going on Saturday! We are LEAVING the hunt club parking lot at 10am. Good place to park a trailer, etc.

Should be a fun ride from stock to wild!

Sam

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Damn, can't make it on Saturday. My wife and I are going up to Linville for the weekend. I don't have a car trailer yet either and my S-10 is still sitting in my parents' yard. Wish I could make it, have a good time! Let me know next time you go!

12. ncstate hale

ncstate hale Registered Member

im @ NCSU, looking to find some trails to ride on the weekends and when i sleep through class /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif i have talked to dawson444 and a couple jeepers on campus bout wheelin, so anybody else hit me up and we'll figure somthing out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Try Centennial Campus. Don't know if they've torn it up yet (damn Chancelor Fox bitch) but you used to be able to wheel back there. It says no vehicles, but all they will do is tell you to leave. Some of the stuff there is pretty fun trails.

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It says no vehicles

[/ QUOTE ]
    Then stay out! That is what gives us a bad name and gets more places closed.

15. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

It is all on NC State property. The friggin Public Safety guys wheel there all the time, why the hell can't we? You used to be able to, but then when Chancellor Fox came, she shut it down to vehicles. I can't stand her. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

So how does that make it OK?

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Ah, I don't know. I was wheeling there before they put up that sign. I guess I'm just rebelling against the chancellor.....