Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Triangulated 3 link... thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Dec 12, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

My mind is failing me when I try to think about this topic. My buddy is doing a SAS on a Tacoma and running double triangulated. He was asking if a Triangulated 3 link would work today. Namely, 2 lowers angle in towards the frame(quite heavily), and a single upper straight link. Seems that would be a TON of force on that single upper link. But no more then with a standard 3 link + panhard.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

It won't work.....

Even w/ the 2 lowers /\, one upper is not enough react lateral forces w/out a panhard.

I think he should do 3 straight links and run a panhard. Unless he's into go-fast, and jumping.....

Reason is.... the ability to place the track bar high and keep the roll center up is a great benefit.

Marv

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have been telling him that for a while now. Hes nearly done the doubler triangulated as of right now, was just wondering. Heck I've really been considering running a 3 link with panhard in the rear of my S10 for the roll center factor. The one problem I hate with his doubler triangulated is that he has to keep the link seperation at the axle down to clear the oilpan. Made for a low roll center. Not a fan of it. We shall see.