Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trick for getting upper door hinge off????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6.2Blazer, Oct 14, 2004.

1. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 24, 2000
    What's the trick for getting the upper door hinge off of the body...........I obviously got the two bolts that unscrew from the outside, but how do you get to the third bolt that goes in from behind the interior panel??

I looked at it last night but the Blazer was sitting outside, in the dark, with it raining, so I didn't spend too much time messing with it.........
  2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Feb 1, 2001
    If you look on the inside up under the dash about where the bolt goes through you will find a hole. It might have a rubber plug over the hole so pop it off, and you get access through that hole. If I remember correctly I used a 9/16" deep socket to get in to it with an extention. Be carefull not to drop the bolt, you might want to put some tape on the socket to make sure it does not fall out when you try and get it out through the hole. Also not sure if I had to loosen the e brake. It's been a while since I did it.