Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trick for sealing up Hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Jan 4, 2006.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

I hit up Napa today and got some O rings to seal between the MM and the wheel hub. Looks like they make a very nice seal. water was geting in from between the MM and wheel hub. Even though it had o rings on it from milemarker. these make a better seal. Can't wait to try it out. if anyone is interested the Napa # is.... 727-2151

2. toy4x4runner

Today I went out and got small Orings for the allen head bolts on my MileMarkers. Advance Auto has the small orings for the allen head screws. 1/8"ID 1/4"OD. Item # 3490777. These mile markers out to be sealed up dang good now.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

except for the turn dial

4. toy4x4runner

hhhmmm..... Dang it. lol.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Hows about slipping something like a rubber glove over the hub? :thinking: I know a rubber glove probably would not hold up long.. but something thicker probably would. Just got to find that certain something. :thumb:

6. toy4x4runner

Could always resolve to a plastic sandwhich baggie over the end of the hub with 2 rubber bands holding it on for a nice seal. lol. I did that when I had to drive around town and my hubs weren't in yet. I was fine. no problems. Could be an "extreme" measure for "very wet" off-road conditions. Someone should market the idea... "hub condoms" $5/pair. lol