Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trick gauges??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Apr 1, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am looking into installing some aftermarket gauges in my 87'. I was wondering if any one has mounted them in any unusual places? I am trying to find some pillar mounts for my truck I think I have found some for an 88' are the pillars the same? I am also looking into installing them where my center vent is now. Just a thought....

2. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

Don't know if anyone else has seen them but Intellitronix Corp. makes digital guages. I am getting the cluster with six guagues including: speedo, tach, fuel, volts, oil, temp, turn sigs, hi beam indicator. It is in a big rectangle fixture and my brothers friend is making me a nice aluminum dash to go around it and fit in the stock local. I think I am gonna buy that kit from eastwood that makes the swirls in the metal to make it look really trick. The gauge cluster comes in red, amber and green leds, I think I am going with red becuase my truck will be red. The speedo and tach have memory recall, and they self calibrate. So if I change tire sizes all the time i just hit reset and bang its recalibrated. Pretty cool huh? The guage cluster I am going with is $300 but you can get it without the tach for a little less. They also sell the gauges seperatly in diffent sizes to replace any guage you want. I wanted all the guages in a fixture so I am going with the rectangle piece. Hope this helps.. I know summit sells them and you can order directly from the company at http://www.intellitronix.com i think that link is right.

Hope this helps anyone.. if anyone has these guages already please let me know cuase I would like to know on the quality.

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Had a friend install them through his dash were the panel is above his glove box. It was great he let his passanger keep an eye on those gauges. I think he had the trany temp and oil temp over there.

I am planing on using the ash tray door as mine for the adjustable shocks I will be able to close it when not needed and upen it if I want to change the ride.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status