Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trick or Treaters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How meny kids came to your door tonight trick or treating ??? I had a grand total of 2. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of candy. So I'm munching on a Snickers right now, and will be for the next couple of weeks or so. I can't handle too much candy all at one time. Maybe I'll give it to the nieghbor kids next time they're sledding down my hill. Might be a good way to meet thier single mom, who happens to be a hottie.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dunno, we had about 10 in a row and decided to eat dinner and watch Carrie that we rented. So we left it all on the porch with a light on. Came out about an hour later, and all was gone except one package of smarties which i just ate. Btw, Carrie is not a scary movie, it really sucked...kinda like a lifetime movie. YUCK!

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

LOL, that's funny
    I used to just kinda chunk handfulls out there for em, or dump it all in one kids bag and make them fight over it...
    LOL

4. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

We had 3 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We never have any. I sit up all night waiting for these stoop-ass kids that try to egg my truck. A BB shot in the ass or groin deters them very well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

We had about 4 groups. Remember the scene in the movie ET when there must've been about 100 trick or treaters on one block? Was it ever actually like that? Maybe I just live in the wrong neighborhood.

7. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah I think I have you all beat, just over 300 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. It was pretty funny though, my truck was parked behind me in the driveway and the kids would walk up and go Wow thats a monster truck! and then the dad would walk up and say cool truck /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

8. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Kinda lean this year. Ended up with more candy than we bought. 3 kids and a couple hours of trick or treating = about 12lbs of candy. I wonder how many btu's that is. They are so pluged in right now it's not funny. It was- But not now /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Jim

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

When I was a kid, (I grew up in a small town) you seen lots of trick or treaters. Hell we tried to hit every house in town 2 to 3 times if not more !!!!!! I remember one old guy gave out one dollor bills. Back in the early 70's you could buy a candy bar for a quator or less. People gave out the big candy bars, cans of pop...ect. Lots of home made popcorn balls. Those was the days to trick or treat !!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I agree man, even though I didn't come up in that time. I was born in 82. I can see why you would enjoy it. You also didn't really have to worry about someome spiking your caramel with heroin or something retarded like that.

11. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

We had a good turn out,,,50+ got the goods from us, I have two little ones 1-1/2 and 4, running me around the block, had fun

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I don't think we had any... I almost ran a bunch of dopey punks over on the way home from work, though...

Those were the days to go, when I was a kid it was a little like that but starting to deteriorate. Now it's too dangerous!!

13. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

lol. my dad was tellin me bout when he would go trick or treatin. they had all kinds of cool stuff. my dad said he would go on the other side of the tracks to the white neighborhood and some people were like ya'll shouldn't be here and all this rascist stuff and so they would start messin up their yard. lol. then the people would give in and give em candy. lol. oh well. times have changed. lol. when i went some people would give out baseball cards. it was cool. i woulda gone this year but decided to go to the bar with my dad. lol. later.

jacob

14. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

It used to be like that in my neighborhood. I've lived in the same place for nearly ten years... We used to not be able to keep enough candy...

Now I get kids that cant say "trick or treat" in English. I have about a 60 kids all night. I was even giving out candy to kids with no costumes, although I did give them sh!t first.

So what exactly is trick ot treat in chinees? The little catholic kids ony say hola and gracias...

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i went out and trick or treated..and gave out candy..back and forth most of the night wiht my friend..every one else had to work last night..it was not as good as other years. . i would say about 50 peeps or so came to the door..it was a quite year.i usually hang out in the drive way making sure no ass holes come up and do anything to any of the vehicls or stuff...

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

All right I know I'm late but... I got about 30 kids, but that is about all of them in my neighborhood. My '73 is orange now so I backed it up onto some ramps and made hood look like a pumpkin. I sat in a chair next to it (no doors) where I could reach my switch panel, when a kid got to the end of the driveway I hit the fog lights & rock lights, when they got to the front of the truck I hit Mil-surpluss ambulance siren. Scared the crap out of a bunch of them. When the bigger kids came by I gave them a blast of air from the compressor.
    I remember growing up in the '70s we used pillow cases to collect candy and they would be full by the end of the night.