Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tried to get an oil change today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

good luck with that... it seems that the entire force of retirees is out today doing the same... why can't they go out during the work week while the rest of us are making the tax money to pay for their bingo asses??

so i went to firestone first.. only one guy showed up for work, 2 1/2 hour wait for an oil change and rotate

then i went to a small shop around the corner, waited 20 minutes for someone to talk to me "i can make you an appointment" THERE WAS 2 CARS IN THE SHOP... arghhh..

then i went to tire kingdom.. the crackhead behind the counter looked like he was: lost, confused, about to cry and extremely overwhelmed by the EIGHT other people waiting, so i left..

then comes walmart... ONE car in the 8 bay shop, 10 minutes to be waited on and "the oil change will be a 3 hour wait"... HAHAHAHA NO F'in THANKS and i left.. now im home, i could have done it by now and i dont even have a floor jack, i woulda had to use the factory bottle or screwjack to do the rotate and my cordless impact... but now the engines hot and we're going to the oktoberfest so i can drink german beer and relax... and do my own oil change tomorrow...

2. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

you can come use my shop. Thursday night my wife said she needed brakes(They have been squeeking for a while but I am selling the car and they were not all the way worn out) so off to the part store. I picked up a window motor for the truck, brakes for her car and oil. went home and had dinner. out to the garage after and kicked out everything. Window 1st. drained the oil, changed the brakes and finished the oil change. Even broke out the welder for 15 minutes for another project. All done in under 2.5 hours.

3. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

Thats why I don't take mine anywhere to get the oil changed.I just do it myself. Right beside where I work there is a little fast lube shop in and out,but I would'nt let them change the oil in my lawnmower.The other day they did a oil change on a new chevy pickup and forgot to put the oil in:eek1: .The poor old man drove like 50 miles before he noticed the tapping under the hood.He came back and told them to check it out .They filled it up and never even told the guy.:mad:

4. HEAVY METAL

HEAVY METAL 1/2 ton status

i do it myself..... gives ya burnables for campin...................

5. Confedneck79K30

i usually do it myself, but im sick of laying on the ground under a 2wd trailblazer because its a PITA to do an erl change on.... but im gonna do it tomorrow...

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just order yourself one of them fancy aluminum floorjacks snappy was pushing awhile back.... :wink1:

It's alright... I just finally did a fuel filter I originally planned on doing last month... :o

7. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Lazy dude, if thats your tool box you should be ashamed to let someone else change your oil.:eek1:

8. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am not being rude or a jack off but I think we need to step back and look at this. OK lets break this down!

1. it seems that the entire force of retirees is out today doing the same...
    No, I was not out today having my oil changed!

2.while the rest of us are making the tax money to pay for their bingo asses??
    I don't play Bingo. I worked, payed taxes and got shot in the line of duty doing it too!

3.so i went to firestone first.. only one guy showed up for work, 2 1/2 hour wait for an oil change and rotate.
    OK so some of their workers didn't come into work.

4.then i went to a small shop around the corner, waited 20 minutes for someone to talk to me "i can make you an appointment" THERE WAS 2 CARS IN THE SHOP... arghhh..
    OK so say you were there at 9:55, someone might of had a 10:00 appointment.

5.then i went to tire kingdom.. the crackhead behind the counter looked like he was: lost, confused, about to cry and extremely overwhelmed by the EIGHT other people waiting, so i left..
    A crackhead? Do you mean some OLD person was doing crack behind the counter?

6.then comes walmart... ONE car in the 8 bay shop, 10 minutes to be waited on and "the oil change will be a 3 hour wait"...
    Yea thats pretty common at big box store so you go in and wonder around and spend more money.

7. i could have done it by now and i dont even have a floor jack, i woulda had to use the factory bottle or screwjack to do the rotate and my cordless impact... and do my own oil change tomorrow...
    Sounds like lack of planning on your part!

9. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry but I can't focus because of heavy metal's avatar...

dadadadadamn dood,

10. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

x2, how about some more pics, eh:D

11. Confedneck79K30

well since you are in ohio i dont expect you to comprehend the fact that the statement about all the retirees being out was for the location i am in...
    your duty to the country is appreciated and i am grateful for what you've done..
    no, not an old crackhead, but he was about 30... i guess that is kinda old...
    lack of planning? negative, lack of planning would be waking up at 10am and realizing, damn i need an oil change today... no, it was more like, "i wonder what it would be like to have someone else do it, since ive ALWAYS changed my own oil.."

anyways.. moving on, not my toolbox, just one i sold a couple weeks back.. thought i needed a picture of it..

anyways moving on..

12. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

just do it yourself... I do it myself because I'd rather keep the 20 to 30 bucks, and because of things like them not actually changing the oil. Its so easy it's childsplay. I can't beleive how lazy some people are when it comes to vehicle maintanance. Don't take that personally... I just mean people I know that will pay huge amounts of money instead of saving themselves hundreds of dollars and expending some energy and time.

HOW BOUGHT THEM PICS HEAVY METAL?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  13. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

X3 what was this post even about? I caught something about Walmart having a 3 hour wait for bingo... :wink1:

14. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Somebody I know went to a local walmart for an oil change and later that day her oil light came on and she found that the oil filter had fallen off. Retraced steps and found the oil filter. But hey at least it was cheap.:wink1:

15. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I thought he said his dog Bingo fell in to a crack at the head of the well by Walmart and it took him three hours to get back home. But since it was October her saw a deer. :rotfl:

On a serious note we have to laugh at our selves once and a while. If you let all the little poo like that get ya; you will have a stroke. :wink1:

16. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

ssped...mission viejo!!!! wooohooo
    (i used to live there)

17. Confedneck79K30

yeah 10-4 on the lazy, but just once, once i thought it would be nice to WATCH someone else change AND re-fill my oil LOL, but as it is, ill be doing it today... and... wheres the rest of them pics HM? i already checked his photogallery LOL

18. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Floor jacks are cheap dude, just go buy one. You spent more on German Beer than what a floor jack would cost... :deal: :haha: :haha:

I don't let any shop change my oil. Not because of the oil change itself, but because they never grease all of the fittings under there. I went to Valvoline twice several years ago. It was winter and I didn't have a garage to work in. The first time they didn't grease anything underneath. I brought it back up there and they said that when it's frezing outside they can't grease stuff because the grease will crack the parts :rolleyes: . I made them grease it anyhow. I went back a month later and watched them grease it. They greased only the outter tie rod ends and that's it! I asked him "what about the front driveshaft, the inner tie rod ends, the upper and lower balljoints, the 2 fittings on the idler arm, and the pitman arm?" "Those parts and not greasable, sir" was his reply. I had to show this guy where each fitting was! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I laid in the snow next time to change my oil. :D

19. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Similar story about the grease fittings. My old manager took his car to a oil change place (I think Jiffy Lube). He saw them stick their finger into a grease jar and tap the zerk fitttings with it, rubbing grease onto them. Sure, its been greased ... See.

The blazer never goes into shops, as stupid things like this can happen...

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

finding a decent run shop is the key. i spend around $30 to change my oil, doing it myself, i spend about $15 easy. so i spent an extra $15, i didnt have to get dirty, and if something goes wrong, i have someone else to blame for it. whenever i go to Jiffy Lube, i never leave the service area, and always make sure to talk to the guy underneath. i've never had any problems. of course, i have known the manager of the store since '96 and actually used to work for him.