Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tried to steal my Sub question about column

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dapert, Jun 26, 2005.

1. dapert

dapert Registered Member

Some low life m f'er tried to steal my 85 Suburban but they had no idea of the hidden remote start button.

Anyhow my the whole column is busted and jacked up by the turn signal lever.

Can any of that be repaired easily or I am better off getting a used column off eBay.

I took the steering wheel off and pulled all the guts out of there by they jacked it up pretty bad trying to figure out why the couldn't get it started.

Any advice or info from somebody who's been through this process would be greatly appreciated.

2. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

if you don't have a spare column laying around for parts it's probably much easier to get a replacement. I have a column or two laying around -- you can e-mail me

info // at // atvguards.com if you want to buy one from me...

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if your located in an area with any good junkyards i'd hit them up you could probably get one much cheaper yourself if your willing to pull it..... :grin:

and on a side note i plan on running a removable steering wheel in my rig as anti-theft.