Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trim on side of blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerCol, Oct 22, 2000.

1. BlazerCol

BlazerCol Registered Member

has anyone ever replaced the trim along the sides of their blazers? I got some adhesive remover and the new trim im gonna put on my truck, is there anything else i should get or do before i start this?
    thanks

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    If you just need help getting it off I have 2 methods. #1 go wheelin in some rocks and it will peel them right off. #2 if you like your paint too use a pair of needlenose visegrips grab the corner and pull them off. They are on with some nasty 2 sided tape, When I did it I DAed the adheasive off so I have no clue if the remover will work

3. pregate

pregate Registered Member

it might depend on what year and trim design and all..
    but on my 79..
    the rear trim is mostly held in place by 2 sided tape, but at the ends of the strip its held on by a piece of plastic that goes in through a hole in the body

but on the front, its held by screws with these metal plates that the trim wraps around

having found that out too late, i drive a blazer with several small holes and alot of screws sticking out of my fenders

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My 84 has the double-sided tape style mouldings everywhere but on the rear corners, where they are aluminium. They are held on with little tin clips.