Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trim removal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Feb 23, 2002.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

How do i remove the chrome trim on the back of the cab and the trim around the grill on my 86 K10? I am getting it ready for paint and need it off but dont want to tear it up.
    Thanks.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html>http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html</a>

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well, my truck doesnt have a "cab"... so I dont know what you mean by that- BUT if you take off your grill, the trim comes off in 4 pieces- (or at least the 86 does)... top bottom and both sides. I think the grill is only on with a few screws- I pulled the entire front off though, and cant quite remember what came first. the grill or the trim... but right now, in my cellar- they are sitting side by side....not on one another.

hope this helps more than confuses!

--Brandy

HELP!!!!! I need 16.5x 12 rims -------please please please!!!!!

oh, still LOVING the new dmax as well!

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The trim on the grill comes off with nuts from the back. And like Mudnurl said it will come off in 4 pieces. it's fresh in my mind cause I'm about to put mine back on because I just painted mine. As far as the cab one. If you look on the inside of your cab you will probably have some sort of panel that you can remove. Behind that panel you should have the same style nuts holding that trim piece in place. It should be the same way that the Blazer tailgate trim is held on. All the other trim around the bottom portion of the truck is held on with double sided tape except the rear corners under the taillights and the K10 badge. Those are also held on with the nuts from the back. Have fun.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

So Cal Big Dawgs are coming to a wheeling spot near you!!