Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trimming for 35's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Oct 23, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

trimming for 35\'s

who has done it, and do you have pics, i have a 4" lift and 35's. it rubbed yesterday when going over some BIG waterbars on a trail. right now its in the garage with opposite corners jacked up and it only hits the back of the fender opening on the front when turned. i dont want to trim enough so it is really noticable, just want enough to fit the tire in there
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Mikeyg79

Mikeyg79 Registered Member

Re: trimming for 35\'s

Well, if you have it jacked up- trim where it hits.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I run a 1 inch body lift and one inch ORD Zerorates with the front axle moved forward 1 inch. The fenders are trimmed back to the inner fender. The inner fender is uncut. I NEVER scrub with 35 inch BFG KM's I use to scrub 32's between the two innder fender bolts at the fire wall.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Here is mine with 4", 35's, and fender trimming on the front. No rubbing yet, but not that much extreme rock crawling where I am at, either.
    [​IMG]