Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trimming

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaun, Dec 18, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I was looking to start deciding on how I will be trimming my body to stay at around 6 inches of lift with my eventual 39.5's. Does anybody have pics of thier trimming. Front, rear, and side? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

3. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Here's the link to some random pics of my truck (if I can get it to work). We took a couple of shots with the 39s on after we got the diffs under the truck last weekend and it should give you an idea what you'll be starting with.
    The front has 6" springs and a zero rate pushing the axle 1.5" forward and you can't get you're finger between the tire and the fang on the fender. I've got a home brew spring hanger in the rear with a zero rate to match the lift in the front and pushing it back 1.5" after flipping the shackle.
    I'm going to drop a bit of sheet metal but the boggers gotta fit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif