Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trip Report April12th-14th

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Well it was one hell of a run. Lower Terminator was the most difficult trail I've run yet. There was quite a large turnout. I'll see if I can remember everyone:

1. Marv Springer
    2. Fred-FWP
    3. Rob-Therobzilla
    4. Russ-BadDog
    5. Mat-NoRulz
    6. Keith-Crusarius
    7. Shane-smp
    8. TJ-TopOff?
    9. Allan-Greenblazer-AZ(Me) All Ran the trail.
    10. David-bigdaddy89 on his quad

Doug-AZBLAZER
    Ralph and Paul from Georgia
    James Fred's Son and the other Birthday boy
    Joey Rob's son
    Jill who did drive a little and her girls
    Executioner
    Were there but didn't run the trail except as passengers.
    Scott(Shane's roommate) made it out after the fun on Saturday, but we had more on the way home.

Damage Report:
    TJ got the most body damage, hopefully his girlfriend didn't kill him when he got home.

Therobzilla was a close tie but had no threat waiting at home.

I think I would be next with dents in the driver side door and rocker panel, plus another pass side tail light, and surrounding sheetmetal. I also had problems with my t-case shifter and my front drive shaft came apart twice(Needs to be longer), my starter overheated, and I needed the strap twice, but how's the saying go?... "If you don't get stuck, you're not wheeling it hard enough"

Fred, Marv, and Shane all had minor scratches.

My "Shoyu Chicken" was a big hit, especially with Marv,and Shane. Marv kept comming back for more, and Shane said "Good doesn't describe it".

Those of us that camped Saturday night had more fun on Sunday:
    Keith did his Hood Skiing
    James at age nine got his first experience behind the wheel of Fred's Blazer, and even got it stuck in 2wd, then locked in the front wheels and got it unstuck.
    Keith, Shane, Scott, and myself took the gasline road, where Scott exploded a hub on his Ford Exploder, back south towards Phoenix instead of the Freeway. We got on the freeway at New River and went to the 5 and Dinner in Scottsdale on the way home.

Thank you to all that made this on of my best Birthdays yet.

Allan aka Greenblazer-AZ
    PS Don't forget to go to
    www.rockmodified.com/
    for Keith's pictures.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sounds like everyone had a good time and alot of fun. When is the next run? I will be home on May 12. I am going to get the 4.56's swapped in as fast as possible so I can run some more hardcore stuff. (how hardcore can you get with 32's though).

Is there any idea of what trail will be next, or a timeframe? Just wondering.

Harley

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Glad you had a good time, wish I could have spent my B-Day that way...

Get the drive shaft stretched (I just added 3" to mine), fix the starter problem (you got one on the 3/4 right?), and fix the shifter (sounds like you got a handle on that too) and you will be ready to go again in no time.

4. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    You forgot me. I was driving my long travel suspension sportsman 500. Only a little bit of damage on the wheels. That was a good turnout. I hope to have another rig built within a year.

5. Crusarius

Crusarius 1/2 ton status

was definately a blast I am almost ready to do it again but first I think I will work the week and let my wounds heal /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

damnit you guys are a negative influence and BTW who owes me that dollar for hood skiing?

6. Greenblazer-AZ

Sorry about that Dave. I added you to the list. Your mister system on the quad was way cool. I'll have to get some waterproof seat covers and rig up something like that on my Blazer.

7. FWP

FWP CRS

Just a little more editing needed- Didn't Jill drive through White Line? She's a pretty good driver I think. Every run I've been on with Marv, she does some driving. Good luck getting my wife to drive through something like that/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif....

8. Greenblazer-AZ

I guess I missed that. Maybe I was under the truck working on the transfer case.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yep, you were. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yes, Jill did drive thru White Line.... She's in training. After the FunBuggy gets goin', we'll enter her in one of those "Queen of the Rocks" Competitions...

Marv