Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trip to NYC, lots of pictures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Dec 31, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I took a few trips up to Long Island recently. Stayed with Tshy for a few days then came back for Christmas then went back up till I had to come home to move out to school. I got some pictures from in the City if anyone cares to see.

Flatfender Jeep they cut in half for a GI Joe display in the Toys-R-Us in Times Square. I looked at it and did a double take realizing it was REALLY a jeep they cut in half. Take that antique jeep fans :)
    [​IMG]

It was bitter cold on Monday so T was wrapped up like a muslim woman most of the time outdoors.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was my first time in NYC, I was amazed how different it was from Philadelphia.

And one more of Tshy cause I think she looks hot in this picture :) at least this one I can post without worrying shes gonna hurt me.
    [​IMG]

I miss her but I have to do my school thing. Hopefully she will come visit me. There is a train that runs from NYC to Greensburg PA which is just down the road from me so she may come visit soon.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How far is Tshy away from you now? NYC looks BUSY! holy cow!
    How cold was it there?
    Good to hear you saw her again! :waytogo:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah long distance things suck i feel for you. my wife was from socal and i am from southern ontario, only 3500 or so miles away:frown1:, kind of sucked no wate it really did.

at least you guys arent so far that hanging out over long weekend isent feasble, if ya got the scrach that is

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it was like 19 degrees Fahrenheit on monday. Wind was whipping though. Wouldn't have been bad for me if not for the wind. WAY too many people in NYC. I'd like to go again but I'd have to get a hotel room in the city and see it over a few days. T was about 110 miles from me when I lived in Sellersville but shes about 7 hours from here in Blairsville. There is a train that runs from NYC to Pittsburgh she can take to come see me. Sometime in the not too distant future that will be happening. I will have absolutely no time to go visit her from now on. School is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, leaving right after school I'd get up there by like 11, then have saturday and come back sunday, it would be too much on me, not to mention the cost of it. My burb sucks on gas(10mpg highway or city) and the train is $120 round trip.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yikes! good thing she can take the train!

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i hear you (fellow DD burb)

seven hours from 1 or 2 that sucks, you can look forward to when your finshed school and have some more scrach and options then you can get togeather. Sucks to hasve to wate but if she is worth it...

i think she is, as you talk about her :thumb: