Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Triple stick heim joint -- shortening okay?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by dremu, Jun 22, 2005.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The threaded rod for my front output is 'bout an inch too long (I wanna say it was 5.25"ish?) ... the rightmost level couldn't go far enough back to engage front hi.

I know it's only threaded rod, but I donno if my local hardware place carries fine thread ... so I'm hoping that individual transfer cases vary and slight adjustments (cough) are okay.

-- A

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's a little strange that it's off by that much but it is easy to fix, you can "adjust" it shorter all you want. We've had pretty good luck finding fine all thread at parts stores when we've had to buy it locally.
    Do all the other links hook up and work right? If it was a wrong version or had a spacer you didn't use they would all be off, that would raise a flag that something else is wrong.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Nah, everything else went together fine; I am sooo glad you taped the bolts where they were supposed to be, as there's a LOT of hardware there :D (You need to hire somebody to do manuals for you, hint hint :) )

It's entirely possible that the '205 was rebuilt somehow different (Cam! :) ), but it has three positions like it should, so I'll give it a roll.

Thanks!

-- A