Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

triple stick linkage problem -Ford

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by orange150, Feb 6, 2006.

1. orange150

orange150 Newbie

Ok, before i get bashed to death this is for a Ford so just bash all you want to yourself.

I bought the doubler for my F-150 with the 2" rotation and the triple stick kit. the doubler went together perfectly, couldnt have been better. But the triple stick was another issue; the 203 linkage and the 205 front out put linkage went great. The problem is with the 205 rear out put, the middle linkage in the kit, it hits the shifter output on the 203 range box and cannot meet up with the shifter. These pictures are the best i could get.
    the only day i have free to call is Thursday of this week so I thought I would try this method first.
    Also i doubt I will get any response from anyway except Stephen himself since this is a Chevy forum but thanks for looking and for anyhelp in advance!
    Mike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the rest of the pictures of the doubler install can be seen here

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks to me like you need to flip the 203 side of the 203 shifter over at the t case. the little arm can rotate 180 degrees and be on the bottom. That should allow the 205 linkage to go through the area that is occupied by the 203 shift arm.

Is that clear as mudd?

3. orange150

orange150 Newbie

thats not quite the problem. The whole shifter assy on the 203 is in the way, flipping wouldn't make any difference because that little shifter arm and the stud and bolt would still be in the way.

i think the doubler in the diagram that was included in the kit didn't have the rotation on it; in the pic the link in question went below the 203 shifter out put, where as mine is right in the way.

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think the doubler in the included diagram was probably out of my truck and it does have the rotation.

I had to work my floor over a little bit to get the 205 to fit.

Something is just not right but I can't tell you what. Sorry.

Try talking to Stephen tommorrow.

5. orange150

orange150 Newbie

yea im going to call tomorrow, thanks for the replies though.

6. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if you figured this one out....

7. orange150

orange150 Newbie

I finally had a chance to call today, they ended up sending me the wrong link for the shifter in question. I was supposed to get one with a 10* (if i remember correctly) bend in it and some different hardware. Anyway one quick call later and the right stuff is headed my way! Thanks for the help guys!