Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Triple Vehicle License Fees In CA?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Jan 29, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well at least the smokers won't take the brunt of the deficit this time. I own two vehicles and both are well over 5 years old. So no triple fees for this one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Is it a done deal (and did they just go after newer cars)... if so I want a list of all the losers that voted for this. I am going to pass it around to everyone I know. They need to not be voted for again. Bad enough we get screwed because Davis is a moron with everything else, now we have too pay more to register our cars because the guy and his buddies feel like we have to pay for them being idiots and messing up our economy with the so called "power crisis".... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. landsmasher

No it's not a done deal yet. Congress has to pass it first. Then it's a done deal. Yes it is only for cars worth $5000 or more. That ought to really give the CA economy a boost! I think Davis ought to pay the 34 billion out of his pocket. He prolly has it from all the bribes he has taken from the power companies... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

I must have missed your post.

Other thread

/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

I want a list of all those who voted yes. I'll make sure to drop the ones in my area a line saying they will not get a vote from me if they run again and here is why. Then the rest of the list I will be sending out to others. Makes me sick. They are morons and can't run a toy train more or less a state and now we have to pay for this!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. landsmasher

I screwed up... It's for all vehicles worth $5000 or more. Don't know how I messed that one up. I edited my original post. But GEEESH! To TRIPLE any type of fees is rediculous. And let's face it. It wasn't US that brought this problem about. Why should WE pay for it? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

This sucks... if I declare my truck is worth more on insurance so I can get the coverage I want to cover my mods I will be paying a ton. I'm beginning to wish the dude that drove his semi into the capital had more luck with getting rid some of the scum that works there and comes up with this crap... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So how much is this fee in Cali? In Illinois, $100 for title transfer and $75 for yearly plates

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

first time registration in vermont is 6% of what you paid for the vehicle- unless it's old- then it's 6% of blue book....plus 10 bucks title fee, 1 buck for clean air fund...60 for regular plates, and 80 if you want vanity...this all just went up

last year it was 63 for my MUDNURI plate, 43 for my regular plate...now it's 80 and 60...for one year..

Brandy

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, if you get the list, I bet the votes will be down party lines..........

11. ChevyCaGal

Mine will go from $74 to $222... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Well, if you get the list, I bet the votes will be down party lines......

[/ QUOTE ]
    So what your saying is it will be lopsided right? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Mine will go from $74 to $222...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Why the heck so much? Mine's $78 this year, and that's with personalized plates and my truck is newer than yours. Without the plates, it would be $31.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

75-rat bastards
    44-Republicans
    In the Legislature, yep, I bet about 75 vote for it and 44 will vote against it. I may be off a little, I'd say no more than 10 one way or another.

15. ChevyCaGal

I think each county differs... I dunno... it pissed me off when I saw it is all I know!

16. landsmasher

I would imagine they will do it the same way they do USE TAX now. It used to be that you payed a percentage of what you claim you paid for the car. ie; what it said on your bill of sale. They finally realised that people were phonying up the bill of sale so they went to doing it according to the age of the vehicle and their estimate of what it should be worth using a guide like Kelly Blue Book.

Just because you think your vehicle is worth more because of mods and improvements, and you claim a "Declared Value" with your insurance company, I don't think it will increase the estimated value of your vehicle for licensing fees. So I wouldn't worry about that.

I have a "Declared Value" on my van because I put a new tranny in it and Blue Book is at about $4400. So I declared the value to the insurance co. of $6400 so that if I lose it to fire, theft or an accident, I get the full amount out of it that I have into it. But it doesn't affect my licensing fees one bit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I just got my registration in the mail and it is $127 for a 92 Ford Econoline E150 with commercial plates. About $7 less than last year.