Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Trivia Time...! The "CK5 - Moab Volume 1" Videotape....!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg72, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Trivia Time...! The \"CK5 - Moab Volume 1\" Videotape....!

OK, I've watched the tape a few times now (the one Steve sells on the MERCHANDISE page) and I am wondering about the K5s that are in it.

K5 #1 (1969 or 1970)- The blue one with NO doors, softtop, and maybe 33" tires? Driver looks like a young guy with long blond hair. He tries EVERYTHING the "Big Dogs" are doing, even when the obstacles are intense.

K5 #2 (Another 1st Gen!)- A couple of brief shots of this brown colored truck. No grill at all.....just two headlights. Not much more I can tell you about this one.

K5 #3 - (2nd Gen Style) White One.....the driver is "Pete"?...I think that's the name people keep yelling as he crunches and munches his sheetmetal all over Upper Helldorado!!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif It looks like a pretty well setup truck, and the driver is obviously experienced....he just gently creeps up big rock ledges...never plays the "throttle jockey" role. Huge cutout fenders and tires have to be at least 40" TSLs.

So the trivia question is:

Who are these guys?.....do these trucks belong to anyone on this CK5 site? It was cool to watch them "do their stuff".....but it would be even COOLER, if it turns out that I've spoken with these guys here.....and didn't even realize it!!!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyone?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Trivia Time...! The \"CK5 - Moab Volume 1\" Videotape....!

"pete" is a member here ..i'm drawing a blank on the screen name..

3. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

His username is pcorssmit.

BTW Greg, Those are 39.5's on 3 ish inches of lift.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Speaking of that tape.....you must have been losing your mind with that red Willy's (I think it's a Willy's!) that they kept showing.....

Climbing rocks.....running up the sand hill.....seems like it was able to do most of the stuff there, and the body stayed nice and straight with no dents. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I don't have the tape so i couldn't tell ya. Maybe I'll win next month and can get it(hint, just in case Steve is reading this/forums/images/icons/wink.gif plus you being a new mod. you should be able to pull some strings, right??/forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

There is a red willy's wagon on Truckworld.com that runs a turbo'd 350 with propane.