Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trouble code

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gill, Aug 21, 2001.

1. gill

gill Registered Member

Well I have got another problem actually its a repeating problem. Im getting a code 22 which means low voltage to the TPS. I had this problem before but I adjusted my timing and the problem went away, I havent been able to check my timing because I am in away at school and no timing light, but I kind of dont think that, that is the problem any suggestions would help me alot. Oh and I tried adjusting the TPS but that didnt help any.

Mike
    88 College K5

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Disconnect your battery for 5 min. Let the engine cool off. Reconnect and drive around till the engine warms up. Recheck the code.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, what fr8train said. You might also want to verify the wiring isn't shorting somewhere on the way to the TPS, or that no connectors are loose. It's a PITA, but try to trace back to the firewall from the TPS, and make sure there's nothin funky along the way...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **Ever stop to think... Then forget to start again?**

4. gill

gill Registered Member

I will try to disconnect my battery but what is that suppose to do besides clear the code. Do you think that it may be an ECM problem? I have traced my wires back to the fire wall and checked the connector on the ECM and on the TPS itself and that was a PITA but it didnt look like there was anything wrong.

Mike
    88 College K5