Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TROUBLE FINDING PARTS!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbLover, Jul 31, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm almost finished with my engine upgrade, but I am in need of a few parts and am having trouble finding them. Maybe you guys can recommend something.

I am attempting to make a 402 from a 70 Chevelle a TBI engine. For the most part, all I am lacking are the exhaust manifolds and the pulleys. The factory 402 had a short water pump, but I was only able to replace it with a long one. Now the original pulleys won't work. Can someone give me a vehicle combo that I can go and ask for these pulleys?

Also, I am in need of the exhaust maniflods for this same motor. The original ones don't have o2 sensors, which I will need for the computer TBI. Any ideas?

My only thought was to ask for these parts from a 87 K30 with a 454. I know this had a TBI system. Any thought before I spend more $$? Also, does anyone have an of these parts lying around that they might sell? I have BBC headers I'll trade.

Thanks for your patience!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm almost finished with my engine upgrade, but I am in need of a few parts and am having trouble finding them. Maybe you guys can recommend something.

I am attempting to make a 402 from a 70 Chevelle a TBI engine. For the most part, all I am lacking are the exhaust manifolds and the pulleys. The factory 402 had a short water pump, but I was only able to replace it with a long one. Now the original pulleys won't work. Can someone give me a vehicle combo that I can go and ask for these pulleys?

Also, I am in need of the exhaust maniflods for this same motor. The original ones don't have o2 sensors, which I will need for the computer TBI. Any ideas?

My only thought was to ask for these parts from a 87 K30 with a 454. I know this had a TBI system. Any thought before I spend more $$? Also, does anyone have an of these parts lying around that they might sell? I have BBC headers I'll trade.

Thanks for your patience!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ] My thought is Thorley Tri-Y's for a big block with the O2 sensor fitting. But that me. I never have liked stock manifolds, but couldn't you drill a hole in the exhaust, and weld a fitting for the sensor on ???

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

you should be able to get a short water pump. and that will make your pully's work. You can also get a weld in "bung" for the oxy sensor. I got one for 3.00 and welded it to my header collecter so my EFI would work. Holley has one, painless wiring, many makers on that.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the O2 sensor in the exhaust pipe after the manifold /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Should not be hard to have an exhaust shop weld a sensor bung on the pipe if you can't do it.

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Pulley's:
    Go to Your local Chevy Part's store and tell em what You have, They usually have them on the shelf. They are very reasonable around $30.00

If You need bracket's for, alternator, A.C., Power steering, They really nail You for these, around $70.00 and You'll still have to fiddle with spacer's and such to make em line up. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif