Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trouble with high horsepower and relocated rear shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Toledo, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

I just finished relifting the front of my truck and will be working on the back soon. Was looking at moving shocks to the angled in setup most foks use. BUT the next project will be spicing up the 454. So question is does this setup work well with a truck that is gonna have about 450-500 hp? Does it contribute to axle wrap and hop? The design looks like the shocks will help very little in preventing those. Im trying to build an all around badass truck that will flex well when needed but still drive good on road and kickass in a mud race. Maybe even make a few new chevys look stupid off of a red light.

2. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

You should talk to 55Willy. He makes this conversion. I know with a decent HP 406 tpi burbinOr was a great set up. You might ask those two about it.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

you rang???
    LOL
    my other design doens't really calm down axle wrap, not enough leverage at the axle. My new one, which is the one I have on my wagon will help alot more, it is based on the 1st gen style with both shocks angling forward.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Jeremy

PS like Dan said Frank had no probs on his 406 TPI 1 ton K5 with the 1st design.

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

just put an anti wrap bar on there, get some RS 9012's, and if you start getting axle hop stiffen up the shocks a bit. im gonna be getting shock relocation, and hopefully in the next couple months will be putting a 450hp 383 in. im just gonna make a anti wrap bar.

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

dude... dang you lurk well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I love the whos online page, I'm there in seconds and plus being camped out here all day I don't miss much.LOL