Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Avenger 670 vs. Holley 600 Single Pumper

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Apr 8, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I noticed the only real external difference on the two carbs is the bar that spans across the fuel bowls... can I fabricate something that will make my run of the mill Holley be able to run at 45 degree angles like the truck avenger carb?

Obviously other differences cause the extra 70 CFM capacity of the truck avenger... what other differences are there that makes the truck avenger able to run like it does?

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I don't have a carb so don't quote me on this but im almost positive there are internal things that have been done to the carb to make it run at steeper angles. I don't know what because i am fuel injected but i doubt the bar and extra cfm are all that factors into the steeper angle capability.

3. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

The bar you are describing is simply a hollow tube that with small holes drilled at the top across a portion of it's length that connects the 2 float vents.
    you can do the same thing with fuel line and a knife.
    Truck avengers are basically a 600 cfm single-line dual-feed vacuum secondary carb. with side hung float bowls that has it rating increased by 70 cfm.
    Side hung float bowls are less prone to fuel starvation under extreme angles than center hung float bowls.