Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Avenger Carb. 670 CFM

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by airassault, Apr 23, 2004.

1. airassault

airassault Registered Member

I need some guidance about bolting this on. I've ripped all the emissions junk off. A Holley tech told me the wires going into my stock carb are emission plugs what do i do with those and what about linkages and vacuum hoses,83 k-5 blazer, has anyone bolted this on do you like it?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i took all that stuff off my truck. we don't have instections though /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

I bolted an edelbrock into my 83 and all that emissions stuff I just yanked out and through in the trash. The only hose you need is the vacuum advance. Of course now if you live in an inspection state or county dont plan on driving your rig on the street after your current tags expire.

4. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You have wires going to your 83 carb? I have an 83 and the only wire is for the electric choke. If you are talking vacuum lines, all you need is the vacuum advance and you might want to keep the PCV valve (I did). Of course the connection in back for the brakes stays. I plugged the rest.

Like they said though, if you need emissions inspections, you better think before tossing all that stuff in the trash.