Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Avenger Carb ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AmericanFreak, Mar 8, 2002.

1. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

I want to get a truck avenger carb from holley to top off my 350 after i rebuild it. My question is has anyone used this on a blazer? Does it really work awesome like Petersons say? I have the stock carb on my 305 and have never had it stall on me even on the steepest inclines, i dont want to get this carb and have it turn out to be worse then my stock one.

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Why get rid of something that works?

The truck avenger is too new to get a good impression of it.
    If you do decide to go for it, let us know how it works.

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ditto.
    I'll wait till I hear some good hard facts on that one.
    The Q-jet on mine should not even be working but I have it set up to where it works for me.
    Choke plate wired open, no secondary vacuume break.
    I just set the air valve to somewhat work LOL
    Just have to know when to nail it so it don't fall on it's face.
    You would think that with a pile of carbs I would make it right.
    But hey even at 30 deg give her three taps and she lights off .
    Why fix it if it aint broke LOL
    But being a certified holly hater, not because I do not know how to fiddle with them, but because the Q-jet is the best carb there ever was.

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

man, if your qjet works great now don't replace it. My qjet worked without ever stumbling or stalling even on the steepest inclines. I plopped in a 350medduty crate motor and had the carb rebuilt and now it is not the same. I shouln't have messed with it. Darnnit! Don't do it.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The truck avenger looks by their description to be modified holley with all the standard mods people have been doing for years to get them to run off road.
    In my opinion they do make the holley run a lot better offroad. But they still fall short of the Q-jets offroad performance.
    I'v tried to modify many holleys for off road. I have got them to do good and not flood out all the time. But I could never get them to handle steep off angle stuff like a Q-jet.

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Powermad, man- we have to be brothers or something!

I've never had a "properly" working carb on any of my junk, choke-plates pulled out or wired open, vacume-pull off defaulted- all that junk. You don't need it, a guy just needs to know how to drive it.

7. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I just got the Edelbrock 1910... and I can't say enough for its stability off road right out of the box. I lost some power coming from the 750 puddle-dumper that I used to have, but I think that its all worth it for the improvement off road. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I paid $500 for the complete carb from summit, with a spreadbore to squarebore adapter.