Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Avenger carb?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monsterjim, Feb 7, 2004.

1. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Has anyone tried this thing out, My Holley 650 always floods out going up or down steep inlines, I like to just creep around. Tried building my own fuel vent tube like the one that is on the T.A.but one port on the carb is bigger than the other and just can't seem to get it right. Have they done other mods to that carb to make it more off road friendly or is it all just a gimmick? Give me some ideas please.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have been offroad in a truck with a truck avenger. It ran real well and angle was no problem at all. I was really surprised at how much angle it would take. If I wasn't FI now I would run either a Qjet or a Truck avenger. Nothing else compares that I have seen beside FI.

It is the closest you are going to get to FI without going FI

Harley

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Most carb guys on here swear by a Q-jet. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I run a 770 on mine and had no problems. If you have a stock motor I would run the q-jet. Mine is a hungry beast so I went with the truck avenger /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input, I've just always been a holley guy, I hear quadrajets are hard to get adjusted correctly, but once you do you'll love it. Should I look around for a wrecked FI or TBI, or just get like the Holley projection system? Cause in the end ya know thats the route a guy has to take. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif