Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck bed coating? or anything better?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rerun93, Dec 3, 2004.

1. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

i have a 79 blazer and was wondering if anyone has had good success with a bed liner that seals and is a good sound dentenor. iam tryin to make the inside as quite as i can from the road noise .i was also curious of what year had power window for the rear tailgate wit removeable top?

ty

ReRuN

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

3. rerun93

rerun93 Registered Member

ty for post so just a normal bed coatin works the best then?

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

the interiors of our trucks are 15 plus year old sheetmetal... even from the factory they werent very quiet...after many miles of vibration they get noisy...
    if you want quiet then you need to multi layer your approach
    make sure all fasteners are tight... and there is no movement in body panels...
    coating of the body in (like rattleguard) and out (like asphalt undercoating)gets rid of the tinny sounds...
    to make it MORE quiet then you need sound deadener such as DYNAMAT inside your doors, on the firewall etc... then if you really want quiet you put in the factory sound deadener... including the engine compartment.. then carper or rubber floormat.... new window seals, chase down all the air sounds in your doors etc and stuff them with waterproof insulation etc... you could just keep going... but it will get quiet..
    cam