Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck bed?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Nov 2, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

could i use the floor of a truck bed for the floor of my blazer? only thing i could think of as a problem would be the different tailpans..but if there was a way i could still mount a truck tailpan on a k5 frame..i could just use the truck tailgate...but i dont know if thta is possible..?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no one knows ANYTHING about this...

3. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

I looked into that and found it was too narrow or wide, must have been too narrow, otherwise I'd of just cut it to fit. Too much work involved in that. Just buy a new floor.
    Or patch the one you have and replace the tailpan.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok thanx anyway!

5. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

If you buy from chevrolet, the bed floor comes with the tail pan attached, 1 piece, aftermarket comes in several pieces.
    I bought the dealer part, and havent had time or motivation to install it, but it looks like less agrivation than piecing all the aftermarket crap togher, with the potential to come out flatter I wouldnt bother with the pieced out parts, if your going to go that route you might as well patch up what youve got.

Just my 2 cents
    Matt