Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Body on K5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trollporter, Jul 2, 2004.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Will a '77 C&C body bolt on a '84 K5 frame the same way a regular truck body does? I've always heard that a C&C trucks' frame is narrower and the truck that the body is on is 3 hours away so I have no way to measure. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

25 views and nobody knows? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

c&c as in cab chassis? If so, I don't think so because a C&C would have been 1 ton or heavier rated and 1 ton's I have heard use a different narrower frame setup. I can't tell you 100% for sure, but that would be my guess. It can probably be made to fit, but what can't if you have enough time, money, and tools.

Harley

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Depends on what rating of C&C -- looks like there were 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton C&C's that year (GMC lists them, though Cheyv seems only to list the 1-ton).

The 1-ton (C/K-30 or C/K-3500) trucks have a different frame from the 1/2 and 3/4-ton's.

So, if your C&C is a 1/2 or 3/4 ton, I'd say you're OK (well, except the K5 tub is different than a pickup cab) but if it's a 1-ton I think you're in for some fun.

-- A