Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck build challange!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75k5, Aug 16, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Well Paul...

seems you have alot of parts for a little money to build a truck..

I just found David a pickup to use as a dd and tow rig,

73, 3/4 ton 2wd, the body is great, and truck is almoast there minus a motor...

I want to see who gets it done first!!! David also has the 75 to finish..

And then there is me and my 72 project as well as a big dream for the buggy..could be a while /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

So who will be driving thiers first /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Bring it awn! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I know david will work for beer and I like hot dogs, so lets get the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif going! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. supersize75k5

hmm
    well I have a ways to go..
    [​IMG]

well in one morning paul, you went from this..

[​IMG]

to this.. [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I need a few things and a motor , and a cage for sure , but shouldn't take too long . I am probably going to buy a beater with a running motor in the next couple months just to get all the emissions .

However , I still have my DD/Camping rig ready to wheel anytime while both of ya'll still need to finish stuff

4. supersize75k5

hey the 86 is ready to go..just needs paint /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    hey the 86 is ready to go..just needs paint

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious , but with the brush out in the desert , why paint it and wheel it ? It looked ok tan and white after you rubbed her down /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I just have to rib ya a bit /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. supersize75k5

I dont want to wheel it really, I just want to go out and enjoy it a little on the easy stuff, I need it to hold me over untill the buggy is done /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

After putting on the swampers yesterday to see how they looked I want to wheel it though /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

7. pauly383

Shawn , you can wheel it on 90 percent of whats out there and still street drive it . Know what you want and stick to it . Bling truck you can go camping with ( 86 ) , DONE . Tow rig with style , finish it . Buggy , finish it . Keep all the ducks in a row /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just helpful advice for ya man .
    AND Thanks for snapping some pics yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hijack on...

Who is that short little master mechanic standin next to that black blazer????
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

By the way, he napped for like 5 hours after we got home. Got up for about an hour and then went to bed till 9 some odd the next mornin.

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

that little guy was a big help /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

the goal for me is to have both trucks done at the same time, the dd will stay stock with a 350, but for the 75 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif i have some ideas that may take some time. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

thanks shawn for using the pic of the 72 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif with me in it that is the best pic of me yet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. pauly383

Shawn , as per some conversation I had today , Cheap Trucks must have all fuctional and safe steering/brakes and emergency brakes . /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Can't wait to see everyones trucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. supersize75k5

crap I just cut the e-brake cable on my 72 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. pauly383

I may have one ( I have two 73 2wd 12 bolt ones , one came on new 12 bolt Sunday , and I have one 89 Sub one ) , but I'm sure that yard of goodies you have does for sure /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    i have some ideas that may take some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too , though I'm going to keep it simple and sane , yet safe and reliable . I have plenty of time , I may lose this little challenge /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif In the long run though if the thing starts and runs everyday like mine , and doesn't break too often on hard trails , it will be worth it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    the thing starts and runs everyday like mine , and doesn't break too often on hard trails , it will be worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the less money in it, the better, you will be more impressed too!

we just need some Marv springer spring pack building advice to make he flex. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

hey I spelled his name right... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    I think the less money in it, the better, you will be more impressed too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it will be hard to not spend too much money . Ain't no way in hell am I going topless ( /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif............... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif ) without a cage and seats tied to it and harnesses . And I intend to make it look good enough underhood ( BTW where is the wrecked hood ?? ) to pass emissions too . And new brakes , tires ( decided used is used and new lasts longer ) , bushings , brakelones etc . And Harley reminded me about supplies , beer , food , all the little stuff needed to finish it .

It will be budget , but more than I initially thought . But hey , I am not cutting up a good truck , just some rusted out Ohio truck some kids wrecked ( j/k )

16. supersize75k5

here is davids build, well his tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[​IMG]

17. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

i still can't beleave i have given in and bought a 2wd. im starting to really like it. i got rims and tires the outer day for it, i hope 285/75r16 will fit but if they don't i will let shawn at it /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

18. pauly383

I can't believe Shawn bought that 83 and sold it to you . I just got to know her , ripped out the seats and removed the front fenders for room for now . I can't believe the damn floor /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif OK it is pretty good for 21 years old and from Ohio . The front cab mounts will suffice , the front core support will be OK as it will just get messed up wheeling and eventually truggied up front . The whole back floor has to go though , and some mounts added to whatever I do for a floor .

BTW I found pinion yoke straps in the truck , only fit the 12 bolt 1350 yoke Andrew said he put on the 12 bolt . My 10 bolt rear straps don't fit Jay's front axle . I found one rear u-joint cap , I think its 1350 as it fit fine on the 1350 yoke of Andrew's 12 bolt . So I need a new rear joint . I also found rear springplates ( thank god ) so now I need springs and u-bolts , and front spindle to make her a roller .

Why does it have a np208 shift knob hollowed out for floor shifter , and a np205 shifter for np208 /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

19. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

update me paul anything new going on?

20. pauly383

The fenders are off the seats are out , the parts that came in it are laid out . Just need rear springs to support frame so I can start cutting out floor . Nothing really new , until money rolls in again . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif