Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck buildup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Nov 21, 2002.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Im building my first off road truck. It is a 83 1/2 ton long box . Im about half way done. Is there any thing that I should do or look for when i put it back together. Im doing a frame off restoration. I already built a 350 to put in it i got all the parts to do the 700r4/208 to sm465/205 swap. I got a dana 60/14boltff lined up. I have everything to put on board air on it. I have the 6" front springs and plan to use the ORD shackle flip with 2" blocks and plan to run 35s. Im puting the dana 60 up front in case i wan't to put bigger tires on it in the future. I plan on using it for muddin and going to the dunes and hit some trails. Not rock crawlin cause, well theren't any rocks around here. Is there anything else that i should look for/do before i put it back together? i preatty much have left every thing open to options.
    Thanks TJ /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a GREAT combo.. I'd go with bigger tires but depends on your axle gearing... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dont forget to paint all teh parts while there apart, cause they'll never be clean enough to paint again... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif