Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck cab-blazer frame q's(pics wanted)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Mar 18, 2006.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

do body mounts need to be fabbed?future project but just wondering whats involved.pics would be greatly appreciated.thx

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

PM boggerless he has some.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Ask and you shall receive.....well I suppose "Search and you shall receive" would work just as well....but I have the time.

So here is a link to a thread about my cab on blazer frame experience http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149590

And I will even cross post the most important pic regarding your question...
    [​IMG]

So you can hopefully see how we used the PICKUP body mount crossmember from the pickup cab frame, welded it to some 4x2 steel tubing that spanned the frame rails, then put a spacer, also made out of 2x4 tubing, between the BLAZER body mount holes and the tubing that spans the frame rails. Stuck a bolt through and called it done. Working great to this day.

4. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

looks GREAT!i'm more enticed by that now that i've seen the ease of making the cab mounts.the bed is awesome,too.great work!anyone else have pics.someone has a green one on their avatar(?)who's is that?