Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck cab on burb frame?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by got_mud, Nov 10, 2003.

1. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i have plans to do this next spring and am getting all of the parts lined up. i am trying to figure out if i need the extra crossmember, ie cab on k5 frame. all of the sites i have seen so far on the net have no info concerning this particular aspect of the swap for a burb frame. i searched and had way too many hits to go through all of them. i know that someone here has come across this. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif thanks.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The burb frame is flat all the way to the back of the second row of seats. While a pickup frame rises under the seat. I think you will have to fab up a custom crossmember to put a pickup cab on it. Or a crewcab maybe easier as it uses the same body mounts as the burb.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Robert, don't worry about a crossmember. When you come down to get the cab, I will give you a crossmember I removed from a SWB frame I had. It's the one piece type member and all you need to do is drill new holes in the frame and bolt it in. You will probably need to install some spacers to fill the gap though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

more customizing... good. going to do about a 3" bl for the front anyway. cool, cool, cool...