Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Camper

Discussion in 'Free | Trade | Misc.' started by K30CJ, Apr 11, 2005.

1. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Truck Camper, Coachmen 12 ft.

I'm selling the truck camper I've been using on my gooseneck trailer. It's old, and in basically good shape and functional, but does need some work. It's a '73 or '74 Coachmen "Lamplighter" model 12 ft. camper. Actually measures 11'-4" from front of truck bed to the rear, but they call 'em 12 ft. A few years ago, we re-covered the cushions and installed new floor tile to get rid of the 70's look. It is self-contained, has a shower, toilet, water heater, double sink, stove, oven, furnace, 2-way frig/freezer, water pump, power converter, fresh and black water tanks, full size real mattress (not foam) in the front bunk, dinette that converts to a bed, and has a top bunk over the dinette that's good for kids. Roof does not leak. Ceiling and walls show no water damage ever. The bathroom door latch is broken (won't latch). The counter is broken behind the stove. There are some typical small dings in the aluminum exterior and one good sized one with a small hole. Somehow it met up with the eaves on a garage.... One of the marker lights on the front is missing a lens. The bunk over the dinette came loose from the side wall, but is still fine to sleep on since it is supported underneath at both ends. Two of the original outside compartment doors are gone and were replaced with plywood covers by the previous owner. It has a roof A/C unit, but I want to keep it since it is only a few years old, unless someone wants to pay extra for it. I'll put a normal vent back on it. Windows and doors work fine. Lots of cabinets and drawers. All real wood paneling and cabinets in good shape.

It's really a decent camper for the age and price. I just want to be up front about the things I know are wrong with it. It's big and roomy. I'm 6'-1" and don't hit my head, even on the A/C unit. It weighs about 2700 lbs. and you need a 3/4 or 1-ton long bed pickup to haul it. Works great for a gooseneck setup because the bottom is completely flat, so you can keep it low on the trailer. I have the original manuals for it. The jacks are included. $900 OBO. If there is no interest, it goes on eBay in a couple days. I bought a newer Coachmen, so this one needs a new home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  2. FWP

FWP CRS

Damn, too bad you're on the other end of the planet from me. I'd be interested in the whole setup :grin: .. Oh well.

3. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Just so everyone is clear, the whole setup is not for sale, just the camper. :)

4. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pm Sent.