Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck cover, what do you use?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 17, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when my rig is doorless/topless/gateless I'd like to have a cover on it to keep dirt/sap/birdpoop/bug-crap/rain etc out of the interior when its sitting in the driveway. I figure any cover for a shortbed chevy truck would prolly work... question is, who makes a good inexpensive cover? I know there are $200 covers out there that will work, but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. what do you guys use? where'd ya get it?

tia!

j

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Just a big plastic tarp. 13.99 at the local hardware place and I can throw it away when it gets to beat up.

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Just a big plastic tarp. 13.99 at the local hardware place and I can throw it away when it gets to beat up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep me too I close it in the doors then bungee down the sides and the back if it rains /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I buy this cover at pep boys, ment for a short bed full size, 65.00 and has lasted 2 years /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

99cent brown diper /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

currently a trash bag and a half roll of grey tape since I'm not working on the truck its got taped up...

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ok, maybe I should add one qualification... i live in a rented place and Im right next to a snooty rich-people housing development and so I dont want the cover to be all ghetto / white-trash style.

ok, any new suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll check out pepboys...

j

7. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> im making one out of 1/8" aluminum to cover the bed and back of the cab. im just using the caps bolts to hold it down. the cab section will fold down and im using 1/8" lexan to make a nice window that will fold/slide straight down when u want some air circulation...i'll post pics when i finish it. </font>

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    ok, maybe I should add one qualification... i live in a rented place and Im right next to a snooty rich-people housing development and so I dont want the cover to be all ghetto / white-trash style.

ok, any new suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll check out pepboys...

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Now he wants to get all fancy!!! j/k!

Don't know of anything cheap and non ghetto.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="red"> im making one out of 1/8" aluminum to cover the bed and back of the cab. im just using the caps bolts to hold it down. the cab section will fold down and im using 1/8" lexan to make a nice window that will fold/slide straight down when u want some air circulation...i'll post pics when i finish it. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah! That sounds interesting, make sure you post pics when its done brother /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif