Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck died, shorted a wire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Oct 18, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Man, this sucks. Day started out as normal, woke up, get ready to go to work, and its pouring rain outside. I go to start the truck and it wouldn't start. I kept cranking it and still no start. So I let it sit for like ten seconds and then I crank it again. I kept it cranking for about 10+ seconds b/c it almost turned over once. But then it wouldn't so I stopped. Then all of the sudden lots of white smoke came out the hood. I was like damn, what the hell. So I open the hood, smoke just poured out. after the smoke cleared I took a look under there and what do you know, the wire that is connected to my my ignition and all the accesorries is fried. This wire almost fried the wire that is connected to my battery to the remote solenoid.
    The wire also fried one of the air hoses that is connected to the air compressor that control my shocks. So now my shocks are at setting Softest (RS 9000s). This sucks so bad [​IMG]. Its pouring rain, I came into work late as hell and dripping wet. I need to fix this problem ASAP considering my truck is a daily driver.
    This really isn't a question. I think I know what the problem is (just replace all the burnt wires and never crank it that long again). Oh well. Thanks for listening.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

2. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

That sucks! I feel your pain, I know how it is when your fun play truck is also your daily driver. Same thing happened to me going to work one day but it was the axle. That took a few days to fix.
    Good luck! Let us know if it was something wierd with the wireing that we might encounter.

Go heavy or Go home[​IMG]