Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck dies at full power steering lock?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pookster, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Any of you experience this? The engine cuts out when you have the wheel turned all the way?

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

This is a really far fetched guess, but people can correct or flame. But Maybe it has to do wiht your vaccuum, maybe lines going into your pwr steering sprung a leak? AIR unit, vacuum hoses? If theres too much pressure or not enough in the system then then ur engine might shutoff? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Remove the PS belt and see if it still does it.

Just a wild ass guess but I guess it would eliminate weirdness from the PS pump....

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

its definately a vacuum problem from the sound of it...take a good peak around and see what you find...

5. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

whip out some carb cleaner, turn the wheel,& start sprayin',, you should find a leak /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I'd check for a bad/stuck pressure relief valve in the PS pump. You know the squeal pumps make when you turn full lock? That's the relief valve relieving the hydraulic pressure when it can't turn the wheels any further. Maybe yours isn't relieving? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The valve is behind the big 1" nut on the back of the pump where your high pressure line connects.

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Any updates?

8. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

Fuel filter? not getting anough power to turn the tires so the engine just stalls, just somthin to check with the TBI trucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Mine does it occasionaly. I just attribute it to having the truck angled while on a incline trying to turn around with the A/C on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Nah, just changed the fuel filter, still does it. I think it has something to do with the idle management, im not sure where to start diagnosing. Today, the truck, just idled itself out. My mechanic says its probably the EGR, I doubt it personally.

[ QUOTE ]
    Fuel filter? not getting anough power to turn the tires so the engine just stalls, just somthin to check with the TBI trucks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]