Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck dont run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Aug 24, 2002.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 350 tbi and the other day i was driving it and it just dies, so i tow it home. It cranks over but thats it nothing! i changed the fuel pump, strainer, fuel filter, coil, what is going on with my truck any ideas, very frustrating not having a truck.

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

First make sure that the engine is getting fuel. Make sure there is fuel coming out of the Injectors when you are cranking. If there is then I would change the ignition module.

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Ahh, the joys of computers. Check the stupid stuff first, like the fuses and fuel pump relay. The relay is located on the passenger side of the firewall. We could probably do some things with your ALDL (Assembly Line Diagnostic Link). Thats the plug by your brake release handle. You can use that to get codes and trip your fuel pump on. ALDL That link has a diagram of your port and a list of codes. Do the check procedure by ground A to B and turn on your key and watch the check engine light. If that doesn't reveal anything, then connect A to G. With the key on, go back put your ear against the tank. You should hear a ticking if the fuel pump is working. If its not that, than its probably igntion related.