Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck drivers can be a nasty breed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by POWERMAD, Nov 6, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Granted I have seen plenty of rigs that have insides nicer than my home and these are usualy owner operaters.
    In 12 years of working on rigs I have seen some nasty stuff.
    Arabs and Indians. (red dot not how) have a nasty habit of cutting a hole in the floor of the bunk and doing there biz. Those rigs don't get worked on either.
    Kitty litter boxes over flowing.
    BO so bad it is like that Seinfeld episode except not as funny.
    We had a rig show up last night that was missing and seemed to be an injector. No big deal Call Jubitz and send the drivers (both women) off to the hotel for the night as the rig won't be looked at till the morning.
    I get the job and go to get in it and see dog hair everywhere and a godawful stench.
    Lovely.. at least it held air all night and I just fired it up, released the brakes and got it in the shop as fast as I could.
    Whew it is an N14 Cummins with a data port on the block, that means I can keep the doors closed. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    I hook up the puter and log on and start doing diagnostics and sure enough it is an injector.
    I start the cyl cut out doing the ever popular let it be #1-4 dance.
    No dice craps it is #6.
    There is a reason the SRT(standard repair time) for #1 is an hr and #6 is 4 hrs.
    You have to remove the floor mat, part of the dash and remove the dog house.
    and then do the repair inside the cab.
    Ok it sucks but working on trucks is part of the job. I smoke, the drivers smoke so I figure to just buy another pack of ciggaretts and charge em to the job so I can lay several around like incence.
    I pull the drivers kick panels and that half of the mat up and it is soaking wet and has a greenish liquid covering that section.
    I think heater core and am trying to figure out how coolant got over to that side while I am taking up the passenger side.
    Sure enough it is saturated and has a 1/4" pool on that side which happens to be where the heater core is.
    Of course I run my fingers through it and instead of the good ol smell of antifreeze.... I get a nice whiff of rancid stale urine..
    I dumped my just bought $8 lunch from Taco bell and dashed off the wash room and started scrubbing. I thought it was antifreeze all over my hands.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I go in and tell em I won't work on it, Roy talks me into doing it and so I did the job from the engine bay side with mirrors. LOL
    After I had it all back together and was getting ready to take it out I realized that the dog they had was a Shepard sized dog, dogs that big don't usualy relieve themselvs inside unless cooped up for days on end.
    While backing it out of the shop I noticed that bucket was behind the pass seat and there was also a dog watering bowl.
    The rig was a mess and looked like it hadn't been washed since new.
    It don't take to much imagination to gather that the bucket was not for washing the rig and that the dog was not pissin on the floor.
    Them 2 ladys been pissin a bucket and it turned over.
    If that aint nasty I don't know what is.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Ok that's beyond sick. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

thats a new kind of gross /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

that is one of the bad ones!
    I try to clean my truck (the inside atleast once a week), I use soapy bleach water to disinfect everything, and febreeze on the seats just to make sure! kinda OCD about it, but atleast it's clean.
    the worst one I ever saw, was a team truck being driven by two chicks, both seats had old blood stains on them, and not just small either! and the truck had this really sick smelling, rotting flesh smell. I almost puked!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

On another note, one of the reasons DOT personell don't ask drivers to get out of their truck if they get pulled over, is that there are a lot of truck drivers that don't wear pants while driving /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif yes truck drivers are a sick bunch! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and this is coming from a truck driver! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    On another note, one of the reasons DOT personell don't ask drivers to get out of their truck if they get pulled over, is that there are a lot of truck drivers that don't wear pants while driving

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

that way they can take a Leak in a bottle while driving, without having to stop, the reason that bothers me is, that (MOST) guy's can't hit a toilet bowl, thats 16 inches in diameter, and stationary! LET ALONE A 1.5 INCH BOTTLE OPENING THATS MOVING ALL OVER THE PLACE DUE TO BUMPY ROADS!!!! FAWKIN SICK BASTARDS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What about the nasty SOB in the truck stop that stinks so bad you can smell their stench as soon as you walk in? I was fueling at a Pilot once, and there was a driver at the counter that stunk worse than a maggot infested skunk on a hot summer day. I tore my free shower ticket from my receipt and gave it to him. He says in a dumb voice, "What's this for?" I said, "That's what I thought" and walked away. Everyone started laughing at the guy and he didn't understand why /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif my dad and i have taken side jobs cleaning rigs for my uncle and a few of his friends. most of the time they're pretty clean, keeping their "messes" contained in milk jugs. occasionally one of them would get a hole in the jug or knock it over. they always made sure to clean up their own mess before bringing it to us.

kind of reminds me of a story about one of my uncle's friends. he normally carries a piss jug behind the drivers seat, and a gallon or 2 of sweet tea behind the passenger seat. he and my uncle were running together to Florida like they do every week (separate trucks, just driving together). they pull into a rest stop for teh night, and my uncle thought it would be funny to play a little prank on Skipper. he took the first sweet tea jug out from behind the passenger seat and swapped it with the piss jug behind the drivers seat. when they got rolling the next morning, Skipper gets on the CB and starts talking about how funny his sweet tea tastes... so you're right, truck drivers can be a nasty breed.

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My dad and I employ 10 truck drivers here and they are surely an odd bunch to say the least. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif We had a husband and wife work for us one time and after firing them for an undisclosed reason( /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) we found a soap bar in the shape of a penis and balls. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Gross! We have one guy that works for us (danny) that is so stupid and disgusting we call him danitard, my dad and I joke we will have to burn the truck he is in when we fire him/he quits. Some drivers just don't shower for some reason.

What ticks me off the most is when they show up in our trucks with our name on the side of the rig to a lumber mill that we have a multi million dollar contract with and they get out and strut through their offices half naked, thats not the kind of PR work we need. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I spent three years as an over-the-road truck driver, and there are some dirty, sick bastards out there driving those rigs.

STORY #1

One time I was sent to Buffalo New York to pick up a truck that was abandon by a driver. I was supposed to retrieve it from an inner city truck stop that the driver had left it at, and then bobtail it over to Rochester New York to pick up a loaded trailer. I knew I was in trouble the moment I opened the door of the truck. There was a sick, sweet, yet nasty smell of orange in the truck. I looked in the back sleeper to find two plastic jugs cut in half with some type of orange smelling ooze that was supposed to mask the smell. I took the jugs of ooze and immediately through them away.

As soon as the smell of sick, sweet orange was gone it was replaced by the strong odor of urine and fescues. As I tried to locate the smell I lifted up the lower sleeper bunk to find about 7 or 8 one-gallon jugs of piss under it, and some of them had been back there so long that the salt rotted the plastic away, and were leaking. I then also found a blanket with a bunch of fescues wrapped up in it. The driver had been using the blanket to sh!t on, and then wrap it up and put it under his sleeper bunk. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

STORY #2

Another time when I was at one of our company main depots, there was this crazy, lunatic driver that had attacked a supervisor over some money that he felt they owed him. When the Police arrived to arrest him for assault and battery, they found that he had several felony arrest warrants, for molesting a girl friends Daughter. After he was hauled away some managers asked me to clean out his truck, and take it to the mechanics for a regular scheduled PM. As me and some other drivers where cleaning out his truck, we found some whips, chains, handcuffs, leather face mask, and woman's panties in his truck. Then we located some pictures of him dressed in all this stuff, while bent over a bedpost with another guy doing him up the poop shoot. We all just about rolled out of the truck laughing. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Does anyone have any neat and clean and heroic trucker stories to make me feel better about this genre ?

12. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Actually most truck drivers are good people. They have to be. Since CDL's are Federally regulated, drivers have to go through an extensive background check. Most trucking companies will not hire you if you have any DUI's, drug convictions, or felonies, thus the vast majority of truck drivers are reasonably responsible people.

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone have any neat and clean and heroic trucker stories to make me feel better about this genre ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one for ya... My friend Bill is now a happy truck driver. Maybe you remember me posting about my friend who was talking about suicide last year? Well now he's gone out and done what he wanted to do all along and became a long haul trucker... (hopefully he has lost his thoughts of suicide)

Bill is one of the most clean people I know! And he refuses to use a bottle. He stops... His truck is squeeky clean and he does'nt even smoke in it. He's been driving for about 6 months now and loves it. He agrees that there are a lot of nasty truckers out there but he does his own thing and seldom uses truck stops. He's all over the dang country and now I only see him about once a month when he gets 3 days off for what ever reason...

He hasn't done anything heroic that I know of yet but he did give one big fat guy in a Pillot Stop a heart attack once by saying something about his weight... LOL...

[​IMG]

14. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

they have a law against takeing back nasty bottles ,you should NOT be subject to that. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifhepitas or god knows what.

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The truth about almost all truck drivers is that most of them are decent guys just trying to make a living. Some of them have had a hard life, had legal problems in the past trying to straiten out, and some that have made some bad choices earlier in their lives.

I have a couple of guys working for us that spent some time in jail over some minor things and are trying to start over with their lives. They work hard, for honestly, not the best pay but do their best to take care of themselves and their responsibilities. I also have a couple of guys that are "odd ducks" to say the least but are honest good guys at heart just trying to get through life.

There is, like mentioned above, plain disgusting drivers that are bad people and don't give a rip about the equipment they are driving and don't own. Some of them are in heavy drug use. We had a guy a few years back fall asleep at the wheel because is crack wore off and rolled the truck into a ditch off of the freeway. He was haling christmas trees and the whole load was lost, in the end after two wreckers pulled the rig out of the ditch, paid for the lost load, and totalled the truck, it cost $30K. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Those guys don't last long here.

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

a guy I went to school with drives for his dad's refrigerated trucking company. Hes a nasty breed of guy. about 5'10"(shorter than me) weighs quite a bit more than me, always been a ragged guy, often stinks. But hes richs so hes happy in life /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I remember his 01 F250 he drove in school. Crew Cab, PStroke, lifted 35s, interior was trashed. Wendy's bags filling the backseat, steering wheel was covered in some black crap, I don't want to know what it was. I often drive with my hands covered in grease, and I've never done that to a steering wheel.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I often drive with my hands covered in grease, and I've never done that to a steering wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Since I work at a truck stop hotel, I can't help but meet quite a few truck drivers... I've never had a problem with a truck driver... When I work as a bellman, I actually prefer to pick up truck drivers from the Peterbuilt shop. They rarely tip, but they're pretty cool people to drive around... Joe schmo businessman who I pick up at the airport for a $2 tip, I don't really care for...

The truck drivers I see at the Flying J up the road a mile, though, worry me. I HAVE run into a few guys who need to get a life other than driving trucks at that truck stop /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif