Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck driving jobs in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Jun 23, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I heard that Haliburton is looking for truck drivers in Iraq, paying up to 50k a month. anybody know where to find info /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

$50K/MONTH? Are you serious?

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats definetly hazardas pay /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif i don't know but if you find out post up. they probably make you sign a year contract. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I'm sure the pay is at a high scale, but certainly not 50K @ month. Search the web for job leads, I suppose. It offers adventure and danger.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I heard they were giving like $250,000 a year or something either way its alot of money.not sureif its worth getting my killed but..... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif to each his own right

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

someone mentioned it to me today, I tried to look it up on yahoo but got nowhere, I'd want AT A MINIMUM, 2 - 45's 2- flak jackets worn at the same time and my HK and all thew ammo I could carry, not to mention the right to shoot anything that looks remotely suspicous, and the right to run over anything that wears a diaper on it's head and gets in the way. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Engineers can work out some deal so that you sign up for I think 5 years, come back with some intense money, but most of all civilian veterans status. Which means your medical benefits are paid for the rest of your life.

I'm going to talk to a recruiter which represents several energy companies on Tuesday about going over to Iraq.

They already told me that the same gun laws apply there to American citizens as we have to follow here in the States.

-Chris

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They already told me that the same gun laws apply there to American citizens as we have to follow here in the States

[/ QUOTE ]

So in other words...
    -If you DO apply deadly force to defend your own life, you could end up in jail for a long time, possibly for the rest of your life.
    -If you DON'T apply deadly force to defend your own life, you could end up the star of your own Internet video. Too bad it'll be a snuff film.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I think I'd pass.

9. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Yeah, even if you make it through alive, the gov will still screw you over.

10. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

A couple of my friends sent in an application but never heard from them. It was 2K a week, they provide you with a bulletproof vest, driving a tanker truck.

11. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i would be more worried about losing my head than being shot.
    they are not taking too kindly to civilians contractors

12. cycologic

cycologic Registered Member

Try looking here for Brown and Root (a division of Halliburton) jobs.