Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Falling Apart

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anthony stark, Sep 12, 2004.

1. anthony stark

anthony stark Registered Member

I've got an 87 full size Jimmy 350/700R4 33X12.5X15 4" front 6" rear EZ ride lift. This week I've had the Water Pump go out, the Fuel Guage shows way past empty when the tank has fuel (I've replaced the sending unit, the tub inside the tank came lose and broke the old one - I'm thinking this has happened again), I've got a grinding noise coming from under the truck when coasting (I think this is the U joints - they seem to go out annually) & to top it all off, the AC compressor went out. Sometimes it just wares me down & this is one of them. I really don't think that this truck can be a daily driver. Also let me say that I just installed this suspension thinking that the ride would improve from the old wore out 4" lift - it didn't - about twice as stiff. I've been driving it 6 years and I have 21K in it (this is with me doing 95% of the work) and it isn't even painted, nor has the engine been replaced. I'm tired of it.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I think the same thing about Wimpy sometimes. Then I run across some pictures or what not of us out playin in the rocks and it gets me motivated again.
    Step back take a deep breath and everything will be alright.