Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck is broken.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyrc, Apr 19, 2003.

1. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

Stepped into it a little too much today on the way to a trail. U joint stayed intact and the yoke ripped apart. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Before I could get stopped the case on the tranny split.
    Guess I'll be swapping in a 400 and 205 sooner than expected. Will my front driveshaft and original crossmember still work.

Oh yeah I'll get you guys some breakage pics asap.

2. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

If I am correct, the cross member and front drive shaft are subject to change with the different T-cases. What t-case/tranny broke. If they are the same than it will work. Give us some info on what actually broke.

3. crazyrc

crazyrc 1/2 ton status

I was running a built 700R4 and 208. The ears on the driveshaft let go and I'm assuming the whipping action of the shaft caused the case to split on my tranny. It split about one inch in front of the t-case. I knew the 700 wouldn't last forever with the new engine, but I was hoping to get more life out of it than I did. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif