Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck is mobile again!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jagged, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

So, earlier this week I tackled my brake problems. Today I started in on an ungodly transmission leak. It looked like a pump seal had blown with where the fluid was coming from (and the amount). But something still made no sense, at low speeds and distances it would not leak. So, starting off the task today I pulled the inspection plate. Nothing really helpful there. Not wanting to remove the transmission quite yet, I decided I would take the pan off and drain it. I removed one of the front bolts on the pan. Bingo! Tranny fluid pissing out of the hole :eek1: . Upon complete removal of the pan, it appears that the gasket had gotten really brittle, and actually broke :doah: . This allowed tranny fluid to spew into the inspection plate, causing the big mess I'd see after driving for a while. R&R filter and pan seal, everything is good to go now! :wink1:

Now, I have the next 5 days off, and it just rained a lot last week... hrm. :D :D

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Isn't it great when the fix is an easy one? Now come on over here and use your magic touch to fix all that is wrong with poor Wimpy.

Please?

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I spoke too soon :( Didn't really take a good look at the pan, there's supposed to be a magnet there to catch metal shavings. The bottom of the pan had black crap all over it, and the metal shavings on the magnet was 1/4" thick. Hello TH400! :doah:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status