Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Nov 8, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

What are some good driving / fopg lights to get for a truck? And where is the best place to mount them at. There are predrilled holes on my stock bumper that I can mount them from underneath but I dont think that will look the best. SO any ideas on which kind of lights to get under 100 bucks? And the best place to mount them? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got 4 of theose 6" round wanna-be KC lights from Walmart. Paid $10 each. I have them mounted on my roll bar but you could probably drill holes on the top of your bumper. Those lights are very very bright and for the price if you break one it's not a biggy.

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

If you go off-road with your truck I wouldn't put anything under the bumper. Hella makes some good fog lights.

4. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I have some cheap "O" Blazer brand fog lights mounted under my bumper. I have them mounted on a roatating bracket so that when I go off-road, I can swing them underneath the bumper. If you drive alot in fog, you need them to be as low as possible to reflect the light so that you can see. I went with the cheap lights so that I don't have to worry about them being stolen or damaged. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i got some from Auto Zone. the tag said $50, rang up at like $25? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i had them mounted to the holes for the front license plate.. it was ok, looked good... but hung a tad too low and i crushed one on a rock... i have since removed both.

jon

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you drill through the bumper, it will rust. If you don't care, go for that, personally, I can't understand why someone would destroy a perfect bumper....

You could easily make brackets for the front bumper bolts I'm sure.

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

at work they use a rubber encapsulated mount that fits normal square headlights.
    seems to be the best IMO as you can get replacements everywhere

8. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

MJ: That sounds like a great idea. Can you find out where they get these? What brand, etc. Thanks.

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I will check and ask one of the mechanics next work day, I want some as well

10. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    If you drill through the bumper, it will rust

[/ QUOTE ] we all know that chevys dont rust. they just decompose in the presence of water and air.

Jimmy: if you do trails dont mount them up top... some evil tree will claim it as his own.

11. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

Bought the el-cheapo lights and made some brackets that bolt up behind the bumper and come out in front of the grill. They light up well, but it's pretty much like more headlights.

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Signalstat 625w I think