Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Master 4X4 transmissions 700r4 _vs_ raptor level3

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by louied, Mar 1, 2005.

1. louied

louied Registered Member

Question: I am buying a trans , hopefully my last one... what is the pole between the TCI Truck Master 4X4 transmissions w a 2000 stall or the Raptor level 3 w/2000 stall.?? the Tci is a few hundred more..?
    thanks,
    i am running a 87 k5 3504bolt 700r4 elderbrock 420lift cam,rebuild heads,catback 3" custom pipes, tbi riser,msd system, platunim bosh plugs, acelle cap, rotor, coil, 9000 wires. junk trans...........:xmas:

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

3. short sub

short sub Registered Member

i just installed a tci sat. night special 1800 stall in my th 400. it performs great and the service they gave me could not have been any better- i would chose the tci tranny simply because they have been around fora while and from what i have seen their products are built well. good luck ryan

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have a Raptor myself and have never had a single problem with it. That said, I'd probably go with a TCI or Art Carr next time, just because I have heard of other people having customer-service issues with the Raptor guys. You don't hear "the raptor is a chitty transmission!!!!!" very often, its usually something like "I called them to take care of a problem and got no useful response, PATC sucks!!!". Anyway, take it for what its worth... like I said, my raptor has never let me down.

j