Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

truck of the month

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by tecton, Apr 5, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i think it would be nice to have someone do a write up on the truck of the month
    lots of pictures, details, a whole page dedicated to the truck who wins it, as opposed to a small picture that makes it difficult to see much of anything

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like a lot of work...are you volunteering? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Rene

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Maybe just a link to their pictures under truck picture(all of us whod possibly win need to have pics somewhere or wouldnt get picked in first place, doesnt someone look at the pics now and if they like it they win?), and a link to a post that the winner must make saying a few words about their truck. That sounds easier to do. Just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    link to a post that the winner must make saying a few words about their truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I would like to thank the people in my lives who made this endeavor totally possible. First off, there was my dad, whoever he may be for not having the common sense of pulling out early enough, or covering Mr. Happy with Mr. Raincoat.

Then, I would like to thank my mom, who spent all of those evenings down at the truck stop to make sure that I had a quality college education.

Then I would like to thank my sister, who could have lived her life full of morality, didn't, therefore introducing me to my future best friend Robby, who spent countless nights with me in the garage building my monster GM of the Month.

And last but not least, I would like to thank my loving and caring wife, who realized the fact that Robby and I would spend countless nights in the garage fixing my rig, so she entertained herself by heading down to the truck stop with Ma, making sure that our future offspring will have a quality education like Dad.

Thank you America, Thank you World and Thank you CK5........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Also, I think we should have nominations and votes for truck of the month, like the 67-72 boards. That would be much cooler than simply an arbitrary choice (no offense to Steve, I just think it would be fun to do it democratically) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

it would be difficult to get pictures to use, if the person doesnt have a good camera
    and i know no where near enough about trucks to ask them questions about it.

id suggest let the person do the page, but it might be a good idea to have someone interview them

just my .02

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it would be fun to do it democratically) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

8. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

seriously though, sounds like a good idea to me

-pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

how about the winner HAS to agree to the write up(paragraph) or so and if they don't want to then next in line can be the winner /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

keep voting

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

keep keep keep keep voting til mr webmaster does it