Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Truck Possibilities, Need Opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by huntsonora, Oct 3, 2004.

1. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

I have an opportunity to purchase a 68 K20 4x4 longbed that has a clean body and frame for about $2000. The truck runs but as you can imagine will need some work to get it where I want it. I really want a 3/4 ton truck but dont know if I should wait to find a low to mid 80's truck. What are you guys thoughts on this and what would you do?

Drum

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

runs good or just runs?

me? i would buy that truck, despite most of my chevy friends thinking its cheasy i like the bowtie cutouts on the hood there being lighted is /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gifen

where are you from the south? then bodys not a prob right.

run the truck have a knowlageable friend or mecanic check it out. might need some points and a tune up to run great, or could have a deaper routed prob. if so try to get it for cheaaper, and save for a new moter. I am sure you can get a later one to fit /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

oh yeah [​IMG]

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

When talking older trucks--older===rugged--much more so than the later ones.But no disc brakes,or power steering in some cases,they wont cruise at 75mph,no A/C,and the ride is harsh--not something you'd want to use on long trips.But all things considered,I like the old trucks better--I just get there a little slower than the rest of the fools rushing by me.I had a 65 GMC with a 292 six that could not only pull one ton dump trucks out of snowbanks,but could plow the snowbank they were stuck in away too--I suprised a lot of drivers with that truck--I was suprised a few times myself!.Two grand is a lot of cash though,but if its in nice shape,it could be an investment,you might be able to recoup your money when you sell it down the road if you keep it in good shape. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif